Author Topic: neighborhood forum date  (Read 1266 times)

AbscamDeux

• My wig says it all-I was bought just like it
    • View Profile
neighborhood forum date
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »
Notice on official site says meeting for NEIGHBORHOOD SUMMIT on 29 of October on preservation of neighborhoods! Guarantee sycophants of “Pay Pal” Palazzolo (as he is known to developers), “Jabbering double dealing” Janda, “don’t get between me and the food” Gibson, “momma I need to go potty” Owens, and puppetmaster “collecting twice for the same thing is wrong” Lawton will be there to cheer on those liars and cheats.

I was WRONG in saying there were two different dates. I misread the 2018 date. I do not believe the city is trustworthy at all, but the mistake is mine. I own it and am sorry for that. I apologize.

I have kept the attachments so you can see the dates. Again, I am sorry.

I stand by the rest.  If you want your neighborhoods preserved go on the 29 of October to vocally protect (Mike won’t have what he thinks is his “magic hammer out for display”). But if you love huge apartment complexes that you subsidize then go and drink  the kool aid (it’s the only thing the developers actually pay for in the city-except campaign contributions to the crooks)!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:35:10 PM by AbscamDeux »

NancyDrew

• View Profile
Re: neighborhood forum date
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 02:40:47 PM »
So who has more to gain by attending?  The citizens or the establishment trying to sway citizen opinion via their neighborhood leaders?

AbscamDeux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »
My guess is we the citizens have MUCH more to gain if we go. That question is EXCELLENT.

Anticipating media coverage, if we turn out in numbers sufficiently large to display our position they can NOT shut us down with the gavel, or with the preset agenda,  or with time limits,  or even with the parliamentarian game playing. Going to the BMA lets them play by their rules-they have the games, the floor, control. We aren’t winning at all there because they don’t listen to us they just tax us
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 04:12:06 PM by AbscamDeux »

AbscamDeux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:56 PM »
We were told WE couldn’t have a table at Germantown neighborhood preservation summit (AFTER it had been confirmed weeks earlier). That happened just before start. Why? We weren’t vendors “selling” something. I told Michelle I was indeed a vendor and was selling neighborhood preservation. Still no go. But police, fire department, Tennessee genealogy, library, and a few neighborhood associations were given tables (and I’m fine with that,), but not citizens who won’t bow down. Oh, no.. Why what were they selling? Are they vendors?

So a special someone brought the gorgeous signs. And another wonderful person brought first class treats.  See photos! Then Michelle McDonnell told us we should take down signs (she was not at all pleasant) and we said “no” we are citizens,  and they are staying up on our table. We put them  there, and we want them there. Then she said it would offend the vendors who support summit with money. So it’ll always comes back to money...said we weren’t taking them down we are citizens. Ask how many vendors said something. She was caught off guard and didn’t answer (obvious answer-none).
We had two flyers one simple and sweet asking citizens to go to this site and Shinning a light on Germantown. Other one page, back and front, telling citizens about just some of misdeeds and check for themselves to learn the truth.
Passed them out. People read and kept them! Many passed them around to others. Many said they did not want more apartments period. Hopefully the activity will increase. And as words gets out more and more will act. Thus truth will win out.
Only one man was angry about the signs. He told us we should take them down. Said we wouldn’t because we were free to express our views at our neighborhood preservation summit. That infuriated him and he asked how would we like it if he put a sign over our sign (his view was clear he could exercise his freedom of speech over our table, but we couldn’t!). Told him go put his own sign on his table,  and go away because I wasn’t going to listen to him any more. That infuriated him. Another person at our table told the guy,”I’m sorry you are so sensitive!”  That didn't sit well so we told him just go away.
Summit was success for us because you could tell the powers that be were freaking out at  it waiting for us to jump up and start screaming or waving signs. We aren’t Palazzolo, Janda, Owens, Gibson, or their parliamentarian who shuts citizens up.
Forrest's Momma came over for candies and was scooping them into our bag
(Wish you could have all been there! ) Told her she could have all of the candies if she was going to eat them. She Then tried to say they belonged to the city (ummm, in that case, what gives her a greater right to them? Oh right, her boy is an Alderboy and it her due!) I again said they were mine not the city’s  but she could have some. I did tell her she could keep the bag. When she saw what was on it she Reacted like the wicked witch of oz who had a bucket of water poured on her.  She shoved it back to me. I felt badly about her view of the truth.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:34:45 AM by AbscamDeux »

NancyDrew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 10:40:36 PM »
Germantown certainly has some colorful characters that think they have right to censor others. Thought there was a culture of kindness, the mystery is where was it tonight?

AbscamDeux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 01:37:42 AM »
The named employee, Cameron Ross, NaryAnn, Pay Pal Palazzolo, Forrest Owens’ momma and her addled alderboy, and the others who think they are the deciders have met their match.

We aren’t going to go away. The city and its neighborhoods are worth preserving and fighting for and that’s what we are doing!